Based in Curitiba, Brazil
The old gods have forgotten this land. No one could save our people when darkness started spreading and collecting human souls for its army. Odallus is a classic exploration/action game, inspired by Ghosts’n Goblins, Demon’s Crest and Castlevania. Player takes place of Haggis, a warrior tired of fight who must wield his sword once more to rescue his son from Darkness.
Odallus started as a small project back in January 2013. After releasing Oniken, we decided to play with some prototypes of different gameplays and test how they felt. Odallus stood up as different approach from Oniken in the platform genre, with slower gameplay and alinear level design. We built a demo exploring the most of what we believed to be Odallus core features and started a crowdfunding to pay our outsourcers, such as musicians. The crowdfunding was successul and hence Odallus full development started in the end of 2013.
- Eight levels open to exploration
- Huge bosses
- Sharp controls
- Rad 8-bit graphics
- Thrilling atmosphere
- Two game modes (Veteran mode)
- Two endings
- 8+ hours of gameplay
- 50+ types of enemies
- New skins DLC
Pre Order trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Just when I thought the game was winding down, it had only just begun to show itself to me, and with some solid challenge, pretty locations, and gruesome foes, I was happy to keep going."
- Joel Couture, IndieGames.com
- "I am thoroughly on board with Odallus and can only hope we won't have to wait too long to get our hands on the game. "
- Jordan Devore, Destructoid
It´s always good to check what we are up to now... http:.
JoyMasher is an indie game studio founded by Danilo Dias and Thais Weiller on early 2012. We made Oniken and Odallus and are currently developing Blazing Chrome and some other fun and secret projects.
More information on JoyMasher, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game concept, art, programming and design