Based in Curitiba, Brazil
January 5th, 2012
Press / Business contact:
JoyMasher is an indie game studio founded by Danilo Dias, Thais Weiller and Marco Galvão on early 2012. We made Oniken, MRC6-454, Major Maox and participated in many others. We are currently developing Odallus.
HistoryHow it all started
JoyMasher began when Danilo Dias, Thais Weiller, and Marco Galvão decided to join forces to make great games. Danilo is an architecture bachelor that loved videogames from a very early age and always tried to make his own games.Thais has worked with several mobile and some browser games, granting her experience in gameplay, level design and balancing games. Marco makes computer games since he was 8, and is now studying to be a Computational Mathematician.And then...
Danilo was having some problems on letting the world know about Oniken and Thais felt as she had more to offer to games making that she was able to do in Brazilian industry. Admist the way, Marco moshed in as the ninja coder JoyMasher needed and we have been happy ever since.
Oniken Steam launch trailer YouTube
Odallus: The Dark Call YouTube
There are far more images available for JoyMasher, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GMB - Best Brazilian Indie Game of the Year." - Oniken, 2012
- "UOL Jogos - Best Brazilian Game of the Year." - Oniken, 2012
- "8 Bit Horse Award - Best Old-School Throwback" - Oniken, 2012
- "8 Bit Horse Award - Best Action Game" - Oniken, 2012
- "8 Bit Horse Award - Best 2D Game" - Oniken, 2012
- "Fodinha de Ouro - Best Game of 2012 Made in Brazil" - Oniken, 2012
- "Put in general terms, it’s cut from the same cloth as the original Ninja Gaiden, gratuitously handing out the keys to the 2D hack-and-slash sweet shop to anyone with a quenchable thirst for shoryukens perforated enemy lungs. "
- Richard Glenn, IndieGame Mag
- "It feels like it fell out of the late eighties, except the controls were tightened up during the voyage."
- Jordan Devore, Destructoid
Oniken's dev blog
This blog was created mainly to be our personal record of the game's developmental, but also grew to be a channel for fans to follow Oniken's progress. http://oniken.net/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Artist, Game Designer
Game Designer, Press person
Marco (Keyo) Galvao